CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Meltdown Prevention


I really only have major meltdown problems with HotDog, but they are pretty major. I actually held him back from going into kindergarten this year because I didn't think he or his teacher could handle full day kindergarten with full strength meltdowns. On his first day of preschool I asked him how it went. He said, "Not so good. I had five fits." But the number of fits has gone down and virtually disappeared since he has been going to school every day. I thought this article was helpful.

2 comments:

Nancy Ross said...

I really liked the article. Its not like the tips it offers are totally new or unusual, but I always forget this stuff and then end up in a pickle! Good luck with the meltdowns!

Willow said...

Thanks OpalQ, I needed this one. The last three days my youngest has had three whoppers right at dinnertime. This is very unusual for him. Tonight my husband grabbed him and they had a big pillow fight right in the living room. This worked beautifully to change the subject and still allow him to release that energy. We think that he might just need a big freak out at the end of day right now. He's holding it l together all day, every day in his French kindergarten class where everything is so new and different. Good Luck with HotDog. I LOVE the picture.