CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

How funky is your chicken?


Flashlight and I are thinking of getting some more interesting-looking chickens, possibly something like this one, which looks like a cross between a chicken and a poodle. Evolution is a strange, strange thing.

I'm sorry that I haven't been very active on the blog lately. Hairbaby turned 9 weeks old yesterday and its been "challenging". Flashlight, Headbanger and Hairbaby are all doing well, but I went through a few weeks of depression that made me feel like a crazy person. I think that I'm through that now and have made peace with the fact that I'm now a mom to two (very) little girls. I only became a mom last year and to suddenly have two has been overwhelming. Fortunately, things are settling down and the girls have some overlapping nap time and we only have bad nights every other night. Those small graces have been enough for me regain some emotional strength and perspective. But for a while, I was worried that I'd become The Crazy Lady and would be The Crazy Lady until they started kindergarden.

What makes you The Crazy Lady?

3 comments:

LAR Girl said...

Bedtime every night makes me the crazy lady. It seems like putting just three kids to bed is such an ordeal. I love the nights when I have a meeting or am doing crafts with friends so that Beau Brummel has to put the kids to bed. It always starts out fine, but turns into a long drawn out process because every child wants to be read to individually (I support this as sometimes it is the only alone time I have with them during the day), but then they want me to lay with them and talk for awhile. This would be fine except it doesn't matter whether I spend 10 or an hour, it is never enough for them and they always have at least 3 nonsensical super long things that they HAVE to tell me as I am trying to make a graceful exit. By the end of that I am so frazzled and feel like I need some complete alone time and that is when Beau Brummel swoops in for his alone time. It is rough sometimes being so lovable;)

Dr. Nancy Ross said...

That seems like a very long bedtime process! I don't think that I could live through that every night. That would make me The Crazy Lady too!

hmaimai said...

The crazy lady is a role. It is like a signal that says, now, you really do what I say or you'll regret it. Because my temper is not the one to be soft and cuddly, this is the way I communicate to the kids that I'm serious in what I say. I keep telling them in a totally calm voice that they force me to be a dragon and that I don't enjoy it at all. And yes, when Monsieur comes in for his alone time, it is hard not to shove him away and say "I need me for myself". I understand him and he understands me. I have so many quota filled by the kids, not him.