CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Cupcakes

Opal, since you like cupcakes, here are a few of the ones I've made for parties- I love making them, too!!! I have made the usuals as well, like spiders for halloween and things like that, these are the only pictures I have, though. I love your sharks!!!
These I made for a baby shower- I used rolled fondant to make the babies, pillows, and blankets. It's really easy to use- like play doh. Just frost the cupcake and stick it on :)
The snowmen are marshmallows with a pretzel stuck down the middle to hold them together and hold them onto the cupcake. The hats are oreos (big & small) stuck on with chocolate frosting. The faces were made with food color pens.

These I made for Sally's preschool christmas party- Baby Jesus. I used yellow colored coconut for the straw and did the babies with the rolled fondant like I used for the baby shower.



1 comments:

LAR Girl said...

MOLLY! I love your cupcakes! Those are so adorable! Sassafrass did a huge GASP of delight when she saw them too. I think you would love the books Hello, Cupcake! and Whimsical Bakehouse Little Cakes. Check them out, they are awesome. Have you tried the dip and swirl method of covering the cupcakes with canned frosting that has been melted? It gives your cupcake a really smooth fondant look without the hassle of rolling the fondant and it is quick and cheap. I also made some penguins which I will post later.