CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Hot Chocolate Recipe

Since moving to the US a year and a half ago, I've had a hard time finding a decent (meaning "dark" enough) hot chocolate that isn't full of hydrogenated oils or cost a fortune. A few weeks ago, I discovered that you can make hot chocolate with just chocolate chips, milk and a microwave. This recipe is getting me through my third trimester. Here it is:

Put two heaped tablespoons of semi-sweet chocolate chips in a mug.

Add about the same quantity of milk.

Microwave for 30 seconds and then whisk together (I have a mini whisk just for this purpose).

Add about 1 cup of milk to your mug, whisk again and microwave for about 1 min 30 sec.

WARNING: if you use whole milk, you might want to reduce the cooking time, as your hot chocolate might explode. I keep forgetting this...

4 comments:

LAR Girl said...

That sounds really yummy! I am surprised that you want hot chocolate in your third trimester in the climate you live in.

Nancy Ross said...

Our new house is in a small village/town that is nigher in elevation than the city and is about 10 degrees cooler. Here, it still gets cool at nights and is much more pleasant during the days.

Dwayne the bathtub... said...

Chicken Little, I'm not sure where you live but, here in the Bay Area, we are lucky to have Ghirardelli close by and they make wonderful hot chocolate mixes. They are stocked in all the grocery stores here but, you could also find them online too. I too enjoy a good cup of real hot chocolate. None of that watery Nestle crud for me!

Molly said...

yummy! The hot cocoa you get in Italy is like that- except it's thick. I like to call it Liquid Love...