CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Possessed by an Alien/Evil Demon/Magic Ring or just pregnant?

I've seen every episode of The X Files, the Alien films and lots of other sci-fi movies besides. I'm also a big fantasy fan. In these two genres is that people are always being possessed by aliens, supernatural forces, black oil, magic rings, etc. Regardless of the nature of the possessor, the possessed almost always exhibits the following symptoms:

1. Freaky stuff moves around under their skin. This happens a lot in the X Files and almost always means that the possessed person will soon die. Except of course in that episode of Buffy where they have to put that thing in Spike's eye to release him from the The First's grasp, which makes him want to kill people... again. But anyway, if there's something wiggling under your skin, its going to get ugly. So, in doing a quick self-check, I find that I've got this dreaded symptom. The "baby" in my belly kicks and moves around constantly and its visible on the outside. The other day she was doing star jumps and it looked just like a bad sci-fi effect.

2. The possessed stops acting like themselves and acts, well, possessed. A quick self-check shows that in recent months, I've become extremely emotional. A few days ago I cried through a funeral for someone I'd never met (one of Flashlight's relations). Yesterday I had a complete meltdown because I'd misplaced an item in my purse. During my last pregnancy, I had lots of violent dreams where I was the one enacting the violence (I was terribly upset, but Flashlight thought it was hilarious).

3. The eating and drinking habits of the possessed person must change dramatically. This happens in Buffy, Angel, Star Trek the Original Series and perhaps in the X Files. I fist suspected that I might be pregnant when I spent the better part of Thanksgiving Day wolfing down pickles. I don't like pickles and I'm not sure who decided that they'd go with turkey, but they were out and it was all I could do not to eat the whole jar. I'm also continually thirsty - several large glasses of water do nothing for me.

So am I pregnant (my doctor certainly seems to think so) or just showing the classic symptoms of alien/demon possession?

1 comments:

LAR Girl said...

I agree with both you and your doctor. Whenever I was pregnant I felt like I was just a host for some entity who chose to inhabit my body at times. The pickle thing is hilarious! I didn't really crave stuff, but there were quite a few things I loathed: meat during my pregnancy with HotDog (go figure, he is a big meat lover), beans with Jedi (he doesn't like beans either) and pretty much anything with Sassafrass (she is the pickiest of the bunch).