CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 18, 2008

Dinner 911

The title for this post is really the best description I could think of. I don't know about any of you other moms, but I have the daily task of feeding my family. I really love great food and I am a pretty decent cook, but sometimes I really feel like I just get into a rut that I can't dig myself out of. I fall into the habit of buying the same things when I shop for groceries and cooking the same meals week after week. I really like the things I make- if I didn't, I wouldn't make them- but I could really use some new recipes once in a while. My dinners have become very boring. If you have a few minutes, I would love to know your what you & your families like. I love to try new things, and my family is generally very accommodating in this regard. Can anyone help???

4 comments:

LAR Girl said...

Have I already given you a Chicken Wellington Recipe? If not I will post it. Do you ever eat breakfast for dinner? Try the apple pancakes I posted with bacon on the side. Or scramble: skillet potatoes, scrambled eggs, crisp pieces of bacon in a 9x13 pan sprinkled with cheddar and put in the oven until the cheese melts. My family loves that and I just pick out the bacon. Do you ever make chinese chicken salad or fish tacos? Tell me what you are making first so I can get an idea of what to post.

Susan said...

I could use some help too. I have 3 vegetarian children and a very easy to please husband. Lately I feel very uninspired in the kitchen. Our standbys are spinach quiche, enchiladas (green & red), tofu/veggies/pasta, tostadas/tacos, etc., curry & dahl, veggie lasagna. Sometimes I divide up the week into days-one day Indian, one mexican, one soup, one italian and then I look for recipes I like to fill in, periodically I try to find something new to throw in and see what happens. Have you ever tried cooksillustrated.com? You have to pay a subscription but the recipes are wonderful and it has a great search engine so you can search by ingredient.

Molly said...

Our usuals include enchiladas, burritos, loaded nachos, pasta of all kinds, pureed soups (carrot & coriander, creamy asparagus, roasted tomato), homemade pizza, homemade chicken pot pie, egg fried rice & egg drop soup, waffles, wheat chili (wheat instead of beans), fish sticks (Sally's favorite), etc. That's all I can think of right now. We really like simple but robust flavors like pesto and such. I am also trying to cook healthier things that include a lot of veg. Any new recipes would be awesome. I haven't got the Chicken Wellington, fish tacos, or chinese chicken salad- we would love it! Anything to spice up chicken or fish is very welcome! Also, my family loves pasta, so any new pasta recipes are always a hit. Thanks!!!
p.s. I think recipes should be in a separate post and labeled "recipes" so we can find them easily anytime, do you agree?

LAR Girl said...

Yes, I agree. What we should do is label the recipes like this--Recipe-Chicken or Recipe-Dessert. That way they will all end up together.