CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Best Anniversary Present Ever

Our beautiful new piano.

Flashlight and I been talking about buying a piano for the last few months. We've read the official piano-buying guide, been to several piano stores, played lots of pianos and got lots of advice from others. We decided on a small Yamaha grand from a local shop and were waiting to figure out how to pay for it and possibly play some other pianos in Las Vegas.

Today is our fourth anniversary and Flashlight woke up at 7 and announced that the piano would be arriving around 8:30. I thought that he was joking, but it turns out that he wasn't. I was so happy I cried, though pregnancy hormones may have helped. The piano people arrived on time and now we are the proud owners of a piano!

Having a piano means a lot to me. I've had about 11 years of lessons and playing got me through difficult patches in high school and at home. Recently, Headbanger has shown great interest in pianos and we hope to get her lessons in a few years. She has Flashlight's long fingers (not my short stubby ones) and loves to bang on the piano. Unfortunately, the first thing she did with our new piano was to bang her head against it. Fortunately, I don't think it will put her off.

5 comments:

LAR Girl said...

THAT is AWESOME! What a guy! I wish we could afford a piano or that Beau Brummel would even consider getting one. But it is never to be. The best I'm going to get is a toy synthesizer. Lucky (said in Napoleon Dynamite voice)!

Susan said...

I think that is very romantic. I love surprises. We just got a new (to us) piano over Christmas. My 10 yr. old daughter plays and he and her dad read the Piano Book cover to cover and went out and bought it together. They ended up finding a great local piano - on EBay! They had fun hunting together.

It wasn't that expensive opal*q. There's hope for you yet!

I love having music in the house. I wish I had time to take lessons again. I'm hoping to start when we get back from France in January.

LAR Girl said...

I would love to take lessons. I was just at Church tonight and someone had left the music to Armies of Helaman on the piano. I painstakingly picked out the melody and felt really proud of myself since I can't really read music. I warmed up with a little Heart and Soul followed by Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and Old McDonald. Pretty soon I am going to be playing in Carnegie Hall, I'm sure of it;)

nutellafiend said...

That is so sweet. Does flashlight have a twin brother in case things go south with Frijoles? Just kidding!

Nancy Ross said...

Flashlight has two brothers, but they're both happily married...