CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Chicken Little's New Chick

The Hair Baby


Flashlight and I are thrilled to announce the early arrival of Hairbaby. She was born on Monday, June 23 at 12:57 pm weighing 7 lb 11 oz and 20 in long.

Hairbaby was scheduled to be born by cesarean section on July 9th, but on Sunday night I started having frequent contractions and Flashlight and I went to labor and delivery to get it checked out. After monitoring me all night, my doctor decided that it would be best not to wait and she was born a few hours later by c-section.

Getting the spinal block was a little scary, but the rest of the birth experience was really positive. Flashlight was with me during the surgery and I got to breastfeed her soon after she was born. She seems to be a content baby but starts screaming when I change her diaper or clothes. Hopefully she'll get used to that soon. I had fantastic nurses who spent hours helping her feed. She hasn't got the hang of it yet, but I think that she'll do much better when my milk comes in.

We came home last night and we're both doing very well. With thick dark hair, she looks the opposite of Headbanger, who only recently decided to grow hair.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Wow. She's beautiful. Congratulations Chicken Little!

Molly said...

What a beautiful baby! I love the hair! Both of my kids were born totally bald and seem to barely get hair after a year or more. Congratulations!!!

LAR Girl said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Two is a whole new and wonderful adventure. She is really adorable, I love those cheeks. Well done you.