CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Keep trust in myself

I recently reached a point where I realised I had to regain trust in myself. I felt crappy and did not know exactly why, considering the fact that I look like a happy mother, a happy wife, have a house and 4 adorable kids at 30. What was wrong?
The answer is now clear to me. Because of my health problems! The French saying is : quand la santé va, tout va. In the opposite, when health is not au rendez-vous, nothing goes well (in the head at least). Reading the post on Lady doctor, I felt a little better thinking, oh, I'm not the only one getting in trouble.
Since June 2007 (my first period after my 4th pregnancy) and May 2008, I had bleedings and spottings continuously, and I have had about 6 cystitis or urinary tract infection. Having taken 4 times antibiotics, having had inbetween that either vomiting or diarrhea (stomach pain anyway) I have been more or less very incomfortable since a year now.
It takes time to analyse and point out what's going wrong. Today, being again sick and taking antibiotics, I know for sure that: what changed after my 4th baby compared with the others is that I started to take the pill and that pill was based on progesteron, then I had a DIU with progesteron as well and the bleedings kept on. Since the gyneco took it out end of April (telling me that I lack obviously oestrogen hormon), I had my first normal cycle since ages in May. I told my husband, "you don't mind if we use condoms the time my hormons get back to normal?" but then, I started to have a cystitis again. I read on the internet that lack of oestrogen and lack of vaginal secretion can lead to vaginal infection and thus urinary infection as well after sexual intercourse. My gyneco told me as well to gain some weight because lipid help produce oestrogen hormon. So, now, I am in a much better mood. My action is : gain weight, produce more oestrogen, to produce more vaginal secretion, to protect better the area from germs! Simpler to say than to do, but at least, I have a plan! I weight 45kg instead of 48kg before marriage and 50kg after giving birth. Even the Wiifit tells me I am underweight...

3 comments:

LAR Girl said...

Good for you in taking charge and figuring out what you need to do to get healthy. It is lucky that you are required to gain weight. You can eat all the wonderful yummy French pastries and breads and cheeses and feel perfectly justified since you need to gain weight. It is probably hard for you to gain weight when you are running around after your 4 children all the time. I hope things improve for you. How do you like WiiFit? We are considering getting it. We already have Wii.

Nancy Ross said...

Congrats to you for deciding to do something about your health! Working out your physical problems will hopefully make you happier.

I've been pregnant/recovering from a c-section for about the last two years, and it has been such a drain on my physical and emotional health.

Oh, and if you need help with the vaginal secretions, I'd suggest using lubricant. It helps everything feel better during sex and you may produce more of your own as a result.

LAR Girl said...

I know this is probably TMI, but we like a lubricant called Wet. It was recommended to me by my (gasp!) mother-in-law who had it recommended to her by a female obgyn at a bridal shower for her 50+ year old friend who was getting married. It had been a looooooooooooooooooong time (10+ years) since she had had sex so the obgyn said that lubricant was a must. I would not try a warming version of the same, they feel burny in a bad way (all the 50+ year olds at the bridal shower said the same thing).