CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Laugh with me about lingerie

My niece, on Flashlight's side, is getting married in a few short weeks. Her bridal shower is a few days before the wedding and I've been asked to buy lingerie. I'm pretty excited by this as I'm 36 weeks pregnant and feeling very un-sexy. Looking through lingerie collections online has helped me feel a little sexier. I keep thinking "ooh, when the baby's born and I've shed the water weight, I can't wait to try something like this..."

The problem is that I don't really know my niece that well. She's LDS (they're getting married in the St. George Temple) and 19 or 20 years old. She's tallish with a slim/medium build and I've been told that red and pink things are out of the question. At the moment I'm leaning toward this (I'm a big fan of Victoria's Secret) in white but I'm not sure. To me, it says innocence in a subtle summery-sexy way, which, in my opintion, is probably good for an inexperienced woman. I often feel out-sexed by lingerie and tend to prefer tamer stuff.

After having a good laugh with Flashlight over some of these, especially the ones in the top row, he suggested something other than white, because white is the color of her regular underwear. He liked this one, which is, um, a little less subtle.

So I need some help here, ladies. What would you recommend for a first-timer on her wedding night?

7 comments:

Susan said...

I'd definitely go with the white one. It's pretty, sexy and not embarrassing! I don't think the fact that it's white is a problem. Look at it as a nice bit of gateway lingerie.

I'm sure the groom to be will enjoy just about anything so it's probably more important that the bride feel confident in whatever it is.

When we were first married, I was much more confident naked than I would've been in one of those stripper outfits. Someone gave me something for my bridal shower with lots of lace and straps. It didn't seem sexy to me, just skanky.
I exchanged it for something like you're proposing.

I'm with flashlight. I like the black one. That might be a good gift after her first baby shower when she's needing to feel sexy.

I think shopping online for lingerie with your man would make a fun date night!

Nancy Ross said...

Thanks for your advice willow!

LAR Girl said...

I like the white one two. I am a little different in that I thought the skanky ones were kind of fun;) But for someone very LDS and a virgin I would definitely go with white, possibly a long silky white chemise with spaghetti straps. I think she would feel pretty and sexy in that, but not sluttty. But slutty is not a bad thing to be with your husband, right?

Susan said...

By all means Opal! But.... did you feel that way on your wedding night? I don't remember feeling nervous or frightened but I'm pretty sure I wasn't ready to don the faux diamond teddy straight away.

LAR Girl said...

Call me bold, but if I could have afforded the faux diamond teddy at the time, I would have worn it! Heck, maybe I will go out and buy one;) I wasn't nervous or frightened on my wedding night, but I do remember feeling weird afterwards and thinking to myself . . . I'm not a virgin anymore. . . and that was what all the fuss was about? No offense to Beau Brummel, but two virgins does not a R-rated skilled wedding night make. That was TMI, sorry, but you know you are all thinking it!

Nancy Ross said...

So I ended up going with something white, but a bit racier. I also ended up buying something sexy and black for myself. It gives me an incentive to loose the baby weight.

Molly said...

I always go for the more revealing or risque ones. I figure that if you're putting forth the effort with lingere it should be worth it. I'm especially fond of Red, Black, and leopard prints, although white and baby pink can also be very pretty. Good luck :)