CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Easy Camper

How do two women who shared the same camping experience every summer for 6 years (except that one time when you decided to be a cheerleader???) come away with such different experiences? I don't know.



But, I do love camping. I've been dying to get back to nature ever since I married my very non-outdoorsy husband, Muscles almost nine years ago. It's not really his fault that he doesn't like to camp. If I grew up in the hot, humid, swampy, rainy, bugs the size of small birds paradise that is Orlando, FL, I too would think twice before committing to a few days of living in the great outdoors.




So, I go it alone. Not really alone. Just without him. I have had the incredible opportunity of being a leader twice at our Stake's Young Women Camp. (I don't know when they became Young Women instead of Girls at camp but whatever.)

I love to hike and backpack. Seeing the sights that no car-bound person could ever see is breathtaking. Swimming in a snow-melt (read: freezing) lake while the warm August sun shines down on you after a long dusty day of backpaking is beyond refreshing. Campfires at night with smores, who doesn't love that? Stargazing while beyond the reach of light pollution from the SF Bay Area reassures you that there is a Divine Creator and He loves you!
















In August of 2008 I will have my third opportunity to see the sights and commune with nature. Expect more posting then.



So, here's to camping, hiking, backpacking, nature walks, and campfires!

2 comments:

Nancy Ross said...

Sounds like fun! I could use a few days away...

LAR Girl said...

WOW! We did have totally different experiences. I think I will really make an effort at spirituality in a couple weeks when I go to Girl's Camp. Those are beautiful pictures. It is too bad you didn't meet Beau Brummel before I did. I think you guys are better suited to each other outdoorsiness-wise. But I am coming around. After our awesome trip last weekend planned by my good friend (you know who you are) I think I am going to embrace the outdoors.