CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Can a sweater, t-shirt, jeans, a bra, underwear and belt weigh 6 pounds?


So I've been trying really hard to lose pregnancy and holiday weight. I've been counting calories, keeping the food journal, and exercising 5 days a week. I thought I had accomplished my goals. In the morning, right before I get in the shower, I was basically at my goal weight. But just a few days ago I had a doctor's appointment. On their dreaded scales my weight hasn't changed. It's right where it was before I started this regiment.






So my question is: Can a sweater, t-shirt, jeans, belt, bra and underwear weigh six pounds? Are their scales more accurate? Did the time of day play a factor and if it did which more accurate a morning weight or an afternoon weight? Could the chicken sandwich, fries, and soda I consumed about 3 hours before be somehow to blame (this is not a meal I usually consume but we all have those days Right?)? I know muscle weighs more than fat but 6 pounds more? Have a reached the age where excess weight doesn't budge? I know your suppose to go by measurements and not the number on the scale but that number seems so psychologically significant. Will it ever not? When I'm eighty years old will I stand on a scale and curse those 6 pounds or worse yet even more? What do you think?

4 comments:

K.O. said...

it's strange, but my shirt, jeans and underwear weigh 6 lbs. No belt though...

LAR Girl said...

I think my hair weighs a good pound so I take that off;) When I weigh myself I am totally without clothes and I make sure I've gone to the bathroom. I read at the doctor's office that women are supposed eat 3 pounds of food a day. So maybe you could take 3 pounds off of the scale to allow for food you've eaten. Then you will have your true weight. I wanted to lose about 7 pounds before my 30th birthday (next month), but I don't think it is going to happen since the only work out I have been getting is from shoveling snow. I weigh about 12+ pounds more than I did before I had kids. I am trying to accept it because I know I don't have the determination, time or willpower to get back to my old body. I love to eat yummy food. I don't want to give up butter and bread and dessert. Plus, Beau Brummel is always saying that he really likes how I look now. I think you look great and shouldn't try to lose 6 pounds. You don't want to disappear altogether. Maybe you can just work out to be healthy. You are not going to care when you are 80 if you weigh six pounds more than before you had kids. You are going to just be glad to be alive and with your kids and grandkids.

Nancy Ross said...

Clothes, especially winter clothes, can weigh a lot. If you're exercising five days a week, you may have put on a bit of muscle. But congratulate yourself - you're exercising five days a week!

Molly said...

Last time I went to the doctor, they subtracted 5 pounds for clothes & shoes... so I really think it does. Plus, you always weigh less in the morning. anyhoo... I don't think anybody really gets back to pre-baby weight after kids. And if they do, well, it's a lot of exercise and amazing genes. You can do it, sure, but it doesn't mean you look better or even that you're any more healthy. Having kids changes your body, no matter how much we want to think it shouldn't, and I think the added curves can be really sexy.