CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What's the Protocol?


So I'm potty training my son, let's call him Sparrow, and yesterday he was on the potty right when his sister, Einstein, was due from school. Now it's a known fact that you can't leave a kid who is potty training alone for even one second on the toilet are they will surely fall in and be lost forever. To avoid this disaster, I called my neighbor and ask could Einstein walk home from the bus stop with her. She kindly agreed. Well Sparrow got done before I expected so I ran out to meet E only to find her walking up the road by herself. I said, "What happened, ______ was suppose to walk you home. Her reply, "Oh she said you called and said the front door would be unlocked so I should just walk home?"

I'm I over reacting by being just a little bit upset. My E is very independent so it didn't bother her but she's only six and I for one would never let a six year old walk home by herself especially if I just agreed to walk her home. So should I just let it go and just never ask again? Should I say something and if so what? I certainly don't won't to make a bigger deal out of it than needs be. What would you do?

4 comments:

Molly said...

whoa, that's a tough one. I am the type to avoid confrontation unless it's absolutely necessary, so I would probably let it go and never ask again. But if it really bothers you, ask about it. Maybe she misunderstood you (or maybe not). good luck... I agree that Einstein is WAY too young to be walking home alone at six years old, though.

Nancy Ross said...

I think I agree with Molly - let it go and never ask again. Its probably just a misunderstanding, but if it happened again you should confront (I hate this too).

LAR Girl said...

I disagree. I think you should ask your neighbor what happened. Maybe it was a misunderstanding, if so it needs to be clarified. I know that you depend on your neighbor a lot for similar favors so how can you ask her again if you are not sure she will come through for you? You don't have to be angry about it, but can explain that you never want Einstein to walk home by herself. If you neighbor knows that you were upset by it, she will be more likely to follow through if you ask her next time, if there is a next time. I probably wouldn't ask her again myself though. I like to know that I can trust people, especially when it comes to my kids.

nutellafiend said...

That is so careless of you friend. I would not trust her to help you out again and I would totally confront her! With all the horrible stuff that happens to kids in the world we live in today you can never be too cautious.