CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Flashlight and I were recently asked to be cub scout leaders. I hate cub scouts - not the boys, just the program.

Tonight was our first meeting and, mercifully, only three boys showed up. Our first activity was to make name signs that had your real name on one side and your superhero name on the other. I found this great website that will generate superhero names for you if you can't think of your own. I was Whale Viper and my super power is that I can turn into a whale that has poisonous fangs (see picture). Flashlight was Arachnosnake (a snake that spits out spider webs). I think the activity went ok, but I cannot see the point of this calling. I've done lots of jobs at church and have loved them all, but this one is a killer and I'm pregnant with no energy for a horde of screaming boys.

Can anyone out there explain why the cub scouting program is so wonderful? Advice for surviving a calling I really don't like?

3 comments:

LAR Girl said...

hang in there! Beau Brummel is the Scoutmaster. He was not thrilled about the calling either, but has made a cute little video that we will post on our family website tonight so you can see why the scouts themselves like it. Wasn't Flashlight a scout? I absolutely love your super hero names! What is the name of the website that generates them?

Nancy Ross said...

Flashlight was only a cub scout - his mother didn't believe in scouting. The name of the website is Seventh Sanctum.

LAR Girl said...

I looked at it and came up with some really funny names. I read the comments that people made on 7th Sanctum and they came up with some really lame names like Butterfly Lad, Girl Man, etc., My favorite one for myself was Ruby Scimitar. Check your email. I sent you the link to the scouting video.