CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Do you think I'm a good mum?

One day, trying to find comfort, I ask my elder kid (aged 5 at the time) before bedtime :"do you think I'm a good mum?". -"No. I wouldn't say that" she answers. "I think you are a beautiful mum. And I think Dad is a beautiful dad." She concludes by :"you are a beautiful mum and dad". Uh... oh... thank you. So, let's put it that way: it's no use I struggle to be good at everything because it does not matter to my kids. All they want is to have a good-looking mum and dad! :-))

3 comments:

Molly said...

My Sally (age 4) always tells me that Daddy is the best cooker (even though I'm the cook and I try really hard) and I am the best driver (even though daddy always drives because I hate it). A little child's perspective is very far from an adult's!

LAR Girl said...

HotDog was talking about someone who he thought was ugly the other day (I think it was an old woman) and I told him that saying someone is ugly might hurt their feelings and besides, that person could be really nice despite their unattractiveness. Anyway, I said, "Would you still love me if I was ugly?" HotDog burst into tears and sobbed, "If you were ugly, I would only love Daddy because you would scare me!" So hopefully I will be able to retain my looks for awhile.

LAR Girl said...

I think you are a good mum. You play with your kids and always put their needs first. They are well fed and dressed and all feel loved. Maybe you are like me and stay up late at night to have a little time to yourself and then walk around like a zombie the next day and get behind in all the stuff you are supposed to do. I just can't make myself go to bed at a sensible hour because night time is the only time I have for hobbies and reading. Do you have this problem?