CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 10, 2008

A Weekend to Remember

Over the weekend, Guy Noir and I attended a marriage conference. We got a babysitter for the whole weekend, went to another city 45 minutes away and stayed in a fancy hotel, ate out (that almost NEVER happens!) and attended marriage seminars. It was really fun to re-connect (ALONE) with my handsome hubby because he just returned from a 2 month long business trip. Anyway, so my favorite part of the seminar was when they had us answer a few questions in the form of a love letter for our spouse. We each wrote one and then read them together on a date. I reccommend doing this for your honeys... I mean, how often do we really sit down and write out love letters anymore? It was things like describing what you loved about your spouse when you were dating, what you appreciate about them now, and what you would like to improve about yourself to show your love for them. If any of you are like us, we've been married for several years and after a while, things become really routine. Life is busy: you've got kids, work, etc. It really pays to take a little extra time for each other!

By the way, sex during a marriage retreat is AWESOME!!! There are NO interruptions!

p.s. if any of you are wondering what we did, it was called A Weekend To Remember. It was done by a christian-based organization called Family Life that does them all over the U.S. It's all about your roles/responsibilities as husband and wife and incorporating God into your relationship. Depending on your religion, you have to go knowing that not everything they say about God will be accurate in terms of what you believe, but it was really good anyway.

1 comments:

LAR Girl said...

That sounds awesome! Good for you! I saw a flier for that at the church that does Upwards basketball and cheerleading (Jedi and PetShopgirl do those respectively). It sounds like a really great bonding experience. Beau Brummel and I went to the Homestead in Midway for our 9th anniversary just for one day and one night and it was wonderful an so relaxing to just have the two of us together. And I totally agree that sex away from home is a totally different experience from sex at home with just a wall between you and the kids. I am always afraid that I am going to get caught by my kids which makes me super tense!