CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Life at a glance

I just turned 30 yesterday (I know, I'm old) and even though 30 is the new 20, I was thinking about decisions I have made in my life and alternately feeling proud, annoyed or embarrassed about some of the things I have done. So I would like everyone to share the best decision they have ever made as well the worst decision they have ever made and also their best quality and something they would like to change. Here are mine:


The best decision I ever made was to marry Beau Brummel in spite of different forces that were opposed to us getting married . My mom wanted me to go on a mission, finish my education and see the world and HAH! I did all three.

The worst decision I ever made to getting a butterfly tattooed on my right hip. I now have to shop around more selectively to find bathing suits that cover it. Plus, Jedi, PetShopgirl and HotDog are always asking me why I got it when I knew it was wrong.

I think my best quality is that I am a creative doer. I love to make and start things and get out there and actually do stuff instead of just thinking about it.

Something I would like to change is following through with my ideas. I get distracted and want to do and try everything. I think if I set some limits for myself I can be more productive in a few things instead of average at a bunch of things. 

There are quite a few things I would like to change right now: lose 10 pounds, eat healthier, exercise more and I am working on those things, but darn it, I love food! But turning 30 is a serious wake up call for me. I am going to really get going on my health issues, I don't want to end up as one of the people I see at Wal Mart in the little scooter shopping carts.

Please Share! Don't be shy, I just told y'all I have a tattoo on my booty (a rainbow colored butterfly with stretch marks running through it). I guess another goal could be getting it removed by the time I am forty (or 50 since 50 must be the new 40). 

5 comments:

Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

Happy Birthday!

LAR Girl said...

ok, whoops! I didn't go on a mission, but maybe I will later on in life.

nutellafiend said...

Best: I quit blaming my upbringing for my problems and decided to get on with my life.

Worst: Took my best friends advice twice in spite of misgivings and made two socially fatal mistakes.

Best quality: not afraid to try new things, even if I end up embarrassing myself.

Needs Improvement: procrastination. I waste way too much time on frivolous things and neglect my real work.

Molly said...

This was hard...
BEST Decision: Guy Noir and I dated before our missions and really thought about getting married. I really wanted to go on a mission and he did, too.... so we went on our missions and got married after- by far, that was the best decision I've ever made.

WORST Decision: This is actually a series of decisions. Guy Noir and I got a little too frisky while dating- we never had sex, but got much closer than we should have. It's no tatoo, but definately something I wish I hadn't done.

Best Quality: I am a really good cook. I'm certainly not the best (and I would love nothing more than to improve my skills at a culinary institute). I am especially skilled with desserts (and my waistline can prove that!)

Something I could Improve: I am a bit anti-social. I hate talking on the phone, especially. I really need to be more outgoing and talk to people.

hmaimai said...

Happy birthday! Best thing I did is asking my husband to marry me and having 4 kids. Worst thing I did is forgetting one of my kid on the beach. Best quality is pragmatism. Things to improve: organization.